Chapter One

Hi Everyone.

Here is Chapter One of my novel...

Chapter 1          
Lindy
Chemmis – 0800 – Monday

I only noticed the door in-front of me, when I walked SMACK, into it.
‘Oowwh!’ I cried, and rubbed my injured nose. This was the second time in two days that I blacked out and ended up in a strange place. My premonitions were beginning to make life difficult. It was bad enough being a teenage witch on the floating Island of Chemmis, 50, 000ft above Earth, with no good clothes and makeup. Now to make matters worse, I was sleep-walking during the day, and doing the most embarrassing things, that people only did in their nightmares. Like walking through the Magic-Mart at 4am in my Pj’s.

Trudging back to the kitchenette, I opened the fridge and grabbed a bag of frozen peas. I layed it gingerly on my aching nose. The cold bag stung my skin, but eased the pain. Just as I leaned against the kitchen counter, my brother appeared at the breakfast nook and I jumped in shock.

‘I see you decided to spazed out early this morning,’ Jacob said.

‘Jacob! What the heck!’ I shrieked.

Jacob, my kid-brother enjoyed shocking us all with his invisibility powers. His ability had been waning on and off from the age of twelve, like all other witchlings. Now that he was fourteen, he had perfected it to everyone else’s dismay.

‘So, what was the vision this time?  A dark prophecy? Or an impending kiss from Rowan? ’. He puckered his lips and made an elaborate smooching sound.

I grabbed the nearest tea towel and flung it at him. I didn’t always remember my visions. The premonitions came to me disjointed. Most of the time I had to trace back to my thoughts, just before the blackout, as they seemed to be related. Usually, I recalled a flash of something, or a whiff of a smell. The rest would come to me in snatches throughout the day.

‘I can’t remember anything yet.’ I said and sat down next to him, retrieving my now cold bowl of oats.

Putting a spoonful in my mouth, I grimaced at the icy coldness of the porridge. I must have been out of it, for more than fifteen minutes, for the oats to be this cold. Then just like that, I remembered something.

I was cold, in the vision. Icy cold. In a dark place that smelt of burnt oranges. There was no sky above me, but the place felt large. Like a warehouse. The air stirred as something moved. I turned towards it and tried to adjust my eyes to the darkness, just as it fluttered past me, and brushed my arm. I screamed… Then the memory was gone.

Jacob was shaking me, when I came to. His face was ashen.

‘You stopped breathing, I thought you were going to ddddie,’ he stammered.

‘What?’ I asked, barely grasping what he said.

‘You were not breathing, Lindy,’ he said.

I shook my head, that can’t be true. Premonitions, never stop magics from breathing before. Just then, a screeching sound filled the air. The village warning bell.


Jacob’s face fell even further than I thought possible.The last time the village warning bell rang, was in the 1600s. When Mathew Hopkins England’s famous witch hunter, opened a portal into Chemmis.

Nivi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Spell

Born with a Caul(Veil)

Angels and Demons